There is a plethora of things to do in the area!
Check out the Slocan Lake Chamber of Commerce under the Visitor Section for more links. Below are photos in winter of the Trumpeter Swans that overwinter just south of the Mountain Cottage Getaway near Slocan and the beautiful Slocan River. Rails to Trails are a common and fun way to get around, all year round! Go touring in the backcountry in the wintertime and experience some of the best Kootenay powder 🙂
In spring, summer and fall check out these trails for bike or hike ethusiasts, so much fun!! http://www.bikepirate.com/new-denver/
Here is a top 15 list!
- Mountain & Road Biking or Hiking access right from the doorstep to Wakefield, Galena Trails, Enterprise and Bannock Point.
- Vehicle bike drops to Rettallack or Lemon Creek trails.
- Bring your boat or rent a canoe/kayak and paddle the Slocan Lake to access many beaches.
- Explore the Stunning Valhalla Provinicial Park.
- Hike up to Idaho Peak in Summer to see the Wildflower Meadows and Vistas.
- Quaint Cafes and Excellent Restaurants offer both atmosphere and savoury selections.
- Enjoy artisan & craft shops, Friday outdoor markets, Art galleries and museums!
- Japanese Botanical Gardens and the Nikkei Internment Center.
- Visit the Historic Town of Sandon or Three Forks.
- Enjoying fishing, exploring, wildberry picking or wildlife viewing.
- Winter backcountry access to sledding, ski touring, cross-country skiing or snowshoeing.
- Within an hour 1/2 drive to Hot Springs of Nakusp and Ainsworth.
- Nearby Villages of Silverton, New Denver and Slocan are located within 5 – 20 minutes
- 40 minutes away are Villages of Nakusp and Kaslo
- 1 hours drive is Cities of Nelson & Castlegar and less than 2 hours away are Whitewater and Red Resorts.
For more community NEWS see these links to local publications